Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Susky May 25th
grumman
 Posted: May 25 2012, 03:03 PM
N/ANever Logs OffN/A
Full Name: Phil
531 Posts
Joined 15-July 11
Rep: 41 pts
Awards: 7

Got up at 4 am to get a early trip in on the Susky. Hit the launch at 6 am and the docks were in place but out of the water. Unloaded the boat and parked the truck. Hopped on board and went to turn on the fish finder and it's locked up on the start up screen and pushing any button did nothing. Great way to start out trip! Said screw it and headed down towards our favorite fishing area and to give it a shot. Dropped anchor and got the rods ready for bait. Only to find 13 dead baits in the bucket. Well looks like we will be using alot of cut baits today! Fishing blind on not knowing the depths and if we were on any drop offs. We didn't do too bad. CC hooked into the first flat that went 20 lbs. Then she kept catching while I sat there playing with my fish finder to get it working , I missed 2 good runs and CC kept pulling fish in.... all dinks but she was busy. Then the bite died and we picked up anchor and moved to another spot. Still not knowing the depth we fished it. Quite a few runs and playing with bait and a few more dinks. I'm still sitting here with the skunk! Then it finally happened....around 8 am the fish finder started working. WOO HOO I take that and keep the skunk! Turned out we were anchored up over a 50ft drop. Bite died again and off we go! Hit a few spots and same deal pick ups and runs and drops. Didn't keep track of all we caught but I can say CC put a whoopin on me as usual but I did beat the skunk. Packed it in at noon. Water temps were 69-71 degrees. We also enjoyed the up river wind! Here's a few pic's. Didn't waste our time taken pic's of all the dinks or channel cats. The pic of the water doesn't really do justice we had worse up river rollers then that.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by grumman: May 25 2012, 03:08 PM

Have boat will travel.
PM
Jay
 Posted: May 25 2012, 03:48 PM
Co-Admin
Full Name: N/A
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 151 pts
Awards: 9

Nice work on the cats, that sucks when you got no fishfinder. http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/yes.gif

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: May 25 2012, 03:58 PM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts
Awards: 6

Great report. You have an electrical gremlin on that boat lately. What move did you make that the ff started working? Did you try to unplug it and plug it back in? What ever happened with the anchor winch, did you get it figured out? What about the docks? Was the water low I guess? http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/popcorn.gif

user posted image
PM
ShadowRider
 Posted: May 25 2012, 04:17 PM
N/ALURKERN/A
Full Name: N/A
181 Posts
Joined 1-November 11
Rep: 18 pts
Awards: 2

Good job guys, glad you had a good time and caught some fish.

ps: Mr. Phil, you don't need a fish finder to catch fish........just sayin'.

PM
grumman
 Posted: May 25 2012, 04:36 PM
N/ANever Logs OffN/A
531 Posts
Joined 15-July 11

QUOTE (NorthportTroller @ May 25 2012, 04:58 PM)
Great report. You have an electrical gremlin on that boat lately. What move did you make that the ff started working? Did you try to unplug it and plug it back in? What ever happened with the anchor winch, did you get it figured out? What about the docks? Was the water low I guess? http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/popcorn.gif

For some reason the FF turns on for no reason (probably the reason for the dead battery on the ditch) I unplugged it and plugged it back in multiple times till it started working right.

I think the board is bad on the anchor winch. Gonna order one and try it. Forgot to mention the onboard charger quit working and thats the one thats charging the motor battery and supplies power to the lights , gauges, FF and anchor winch.

Water was that low when we got there and when we left it was at full pool.

This post has been edited by grumman: May 25 2012, 04:37 PM

Have boat will travel.
PM
grumman
 Posted: May 25 2012, 04:41 PM
N/ANever Logs OffN/A
531 Posts
Joined 15-July 11

QUOTE (ShadowRider @ May 25 2012, 05:17 PM)
Good job guys, glad you had a good time and caught some fish.

ps:      Mr. Phil, you don't need a fish finder to catch fish........just sayin'.

I like to know whats under my boat.... you silly land lover! I guess I could count the seconds on how fast my sinker drops to see how deep I am , like it was done back in the early 1900's. You know like when you were a kid.

ps: Thanks for the reply.

Have boat will travel.
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: May 25 2012, 05:28 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

QUOTE (grumman @ May 25 2012, 04:41 PM)

I like to know whats under my boat.... you silly land lover! I guess I could count the seconds on how fast my sinker drops to see how deep I am , like it was done back in the early 1900's. You know like when you were a kid.

ps:    Thanks for the reply.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/happy175.gif

user posted image
PM
Brownie
 Posted: May 25 2012, 05:32 PM
Co-Admin
Full Name: mikey b
3157 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 159 pts
Awards: 16

great report as usual http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/yes.gif . nice job on them catts smile.gif

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: May 25 2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

QUOTE (grumman @ May 25 2012, 04:36 PM)

For some reason the FF turns on for no reason (probably the reason for the dead battery on the ditch) I unplugged it and plugged it back in multiple times till it started working right.

I think the board is bad on the anchor winch. Gonna order one and try it. Forgot to mention the onboard charger quit working and thats the one thats charging the motor battery and supplies power to the lights , gauges, FF and anchor winch.

Water was that low when we got there and when we left it was at full pool.

Amazing how much you paid for that FF and it's acting like that, crime actually. You be better off with a 80 dollar unit like BK got his hands on. Sorry to hear about that. There is a support forum if you feel like looking for help with it.

I am a member here under Northporttroller, though I haven't posted in quite a while:

http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/index.php?s...c117b0d353e4197

You really think it is the board? Did you test the motor?

user posted image
PM
grumman
 Posted: May 25 2012, 06:51 PM
N/ANever Logs OffN/A
531 Posts
Joined 15-July 11

QUOTE (NorthportTroller @ May 25 2012, 06:32 PM)

Amazing how much you paid for that FF and it's acting like that, crime actually. You be better off with a 80 dollar unit like BK got his hands on. Sorry to hear about that. There is a support forum if you feel like looking for help with it.

I am a member here under Northporttroller, though I haven't posted in quite a while:

http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/index.php?s...c117b0d353e4197

You really think it is the board? Did you test the motor?

Not sure but all it does is click when you hit the up or down button and I'd gamble 21.50 to find out http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/yes.gif

I wish I would have kept the old unit of the toon and grumman.

Have boat will travel.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll