Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

My boat trailer overhaul
bobkyle2
 Posted: May 22 2011, 02:30 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
Full Name: Kyle's my name bish
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11
Rep: 141 pts
Awards: 6

Well i just restore my trailer... I wire brushed the whole trailer (grinder with a brush wheel on it)... Primer'd and Painted the whole trailer gloss black...

Installed all new LED's submergable lights.. and harness
New 1500lb winch.. and strap
1500lb Jack
Reese receiver coupler
Bow roller and pin
New carpeted boards
New EZ lub axle
Replaced all the bolts in the Leaf springs
Also built some new safty chains
Ive recarpterd the steps(but i dont know if im going to put them on yet.. Ive been thinking about just coating them in beliner spray)
Also built a new receiver for my truck..
Also brushed the wheels and primer and painted them... Here are a couple pics of it I think it turned out well..

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: May 22 2011, 02:36 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11

I did this a few months back.. I just figured i would post it here... Since then ive got some other new toys for the trailer just aint got them on yet..Still in the pacages just got them last week....

I got a handle that mounts to the trailer.. My boat is centerd pretty decent .. I move it around all the time just by picking up the front of the trailer ..

Also got a lock for the receiver.. And a lock for the latch on the trailer...

Also got end caps for the bow roller.. Its really easy to miss that roller.. Ive scuffed the hell out of my boat... already..

Also put a new set of tires on it ... Finally..

PM
Jay
 Posted: May 22 2011, 09:40 AM
Co-Admin
Full Name: N/A
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 151 pts
Awards: 9

Nice work, that should make it good for awhile. http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/waytogo.gif

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: May 22 2011, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts

Good shit bro, thanks for sharing the pics. I really like your boat. Your trailer looks a lot like mine. You have rod holders on the boat? http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/popcorn.gif

user posted image
PM
Mickey
 Posted: May 22 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered
Full Name:
N/A Posts
Joined --

Nice work. Keeping a trailer in top shape will always pay off in the future.
bobkyle2
 Posted: May 22 2011, 06:00 PM
BAMF Co-Admin
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11

QUOTE (NorthportTroller @ May 22 2011, 12:43 PM)
Good shit bro, thanks for sharing the pics. I really like your boat. Your trailer looks a lot like mine. You have rod holders on the boat?  http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/popcorn.gif

Ya man.. There are 4 on it... .. And i have a bar that i can mount on the back that you can put like 6 more on and troll with.. I usually dont use them thogh... I keep them in a storage bin under the rear seat...

I love my boat... I just couldnt buy a all out fishing boat... Or a bass boat.. And my dad had a fish and ski one time when i was growing up.. And me and him both loved it... So when i seen this one... I was hooked.. It was on craigslist for 4200... I had cash in hand... When i called him he said he had to get rid of it... Said lowest he would take was 3800... I went there at looked at it.. I told him i only had 3 grand on me I was going to have to wait for my dad to meet me in town to give me the rest..

I was actually just waiting for my dad to get there to help me make the right decision.. Because i knew i was going to buy the first piece of shit i looked at lol.... And the guy said.. Sold..... And for 3 grand i didnt have to even think about buying it..... I was throwing money before someone else heard him lol..

And he loaded my truck down with chit... Tubes...ski's... He had like 20 brand new berkly rod holders.. And that trolling bar...nice ladder that goes on the side of the boat..

I love the boat.. The boat is in pretty rough shape.. Its got scratches and stuff in the fiberglass .. but I didnt want a super nice boat.. Cause i knew i was going to be fishing out of it.. And im only 24 .. And not mature enough for something too nice lol

PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: May 22 2011, 06:01 PM
BAMF Co-Admin
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11

Thanks guys for the compliments biggrin.gif

PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: May 22 2011, 11:32 PM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts

QUOTE (bobkyle2 @ May 22 2011, 07:04 PM)
Thanks guys for the compliments biggrin.gif

Thanks you for the posts, pics and stories brother, much appreciated. http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/waytogo.gif

user posted image
PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: May 23 2011, 12:12 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11

... What kind of pictures and storys you want.. Lol.. I got a couple.. Site might get some creepy visitors tho..hahahaha

Im going to do a couple write ups on my trucks also ... Probably this week

PM
readingcatfisher
 Posted: May 23 2011, 01:50 PM
N/ANever Logs OffN/A
Full Name: N/A
684 Posts
Joined 1-May 11
Rep: 81 pts
Awards: 8

Beautiful set-up ya got there.I'm jealous cool.gif http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys2/happy160.gif

Hi I'm Jim and I'm an addict. My drug of choice is FLATHEADS!!!!!!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll