Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

2012 winter boat wishes.
bobkyle2
 Posted: Dec 20 2012, 06:26 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
Full Name: Kyle's my name bish
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11
Rep: 141 pts
Awards: 6

Welp the Ebbtide is sleeping. Time to get some ideas ready. Was planning on buying all new seats this winter,and a few other things. But hospital really put a damper on things. Hopefully not though,....

Here is what i'm looking at right now. This is what i'm going to start saving my pennys for even if i have have to order one at a time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Sand-Deluxe-...4df48b9&vxp=mtr

Don't know what color yet, I want white and navy. But i probably need to stay away from white.

PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: Dec 20 2012, 06:28 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11

Still need to finish carpet from last winter http://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/static/images/smilies/picard.png

Still have to get my new depth finder in.

PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Dec 20 2012, 08:25 AM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts

I had 2 of those seats in my Renken BK, they are good seats, you can store under them and make a bed out of them. You will like them. Fuck pedestal seats.

user posted image
PM
Jay
 Posted: Dec 20 2012, 07:43 PM
Co-Admin
Full Name: N/A
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 151 pts
Awards: 9

Those look sweet. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-chores017.gif

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Dec 20 2012, 11:10 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

Those are nice because the are a plastic frame instead of wooden like I had. And my Dad rebuilt them with new wood. Really awesome seats.

user posted image
PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 12:38 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11

I gotta do something, phuck trying to keep it like a fishing boat, or a boaters boat. My dad can handle the other seats that are so low to the ground, kills his knee's. I'm going for comfortable now. I had planned on selling the boat at the end of next year. And buying a nicer fish and ski..... But, the hull is on its last legs, And i have more money in it than anything. The engine and trailer is TOP notch, and basically the onlything worth anything. So i will always have them, these seats are going to about more than twice as tall lol.. Its going to look goofy but don't really care anymore lol.

Going to get one on the passenger side for sure. Not sure if i will do both or not. I hate being that low on the ground too (Ima big boy) . It gets uncomfortable, on long rides. So i will probably end up doing both sides..

All this would be better if my windsheild wasn't for a midget!!!

And all my straps on one side of my boat cover were broke when i got up today :/. 45mph winds suck nuts.

This post has been edited by bobkyle2: Dec 21 2012, 12:43 AM

PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 01:25 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

I hear every word you are saying dude and I agree completely. We are in the "same boat" if will, nyuk, nyuk.

Only thing about the higher seat is you need an arm rest or your back will take a beating. Last summer I made a frame out of 2x4's to stick under the seats and raise them for a test run, they were great. Sit and stand much easier, but you got now where to rest your right arm while cruising and throttling and it killed my back after a day or 2 so I took the spacer out. I keep telling the guys on GMSB that I want to put a Suburban bench seat in this mutha phukin boat, lol.

These seats don't have enough length in the bottom of the seat. I got long legs. So like half my thighs are on the seat, gets very uncomfortable after a while.

user posted image
PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 01:22 PM
BAMF Co-Admin
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11

Yeah, I wish i had the money to buy some badass seats. They are just crazy prices. I'm fixing to mount some leather bucket seats out of a car in this bitch lol.

With my seats, my arm rest is the window on the boat... I'm afrraid these new seats are going to make me feel like i'm sitting WAY up on top... lol... I'm going to put one on the passenger side first.

PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 01:54 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

QUOTE (bobkyle2 @ Dec 22 2012, 02:22 PM)
Yeah, I wish i had the money to buy some badass seats. They are just crazy prices. I'm fixing to mount some leather bucket seats out of a car in this bitch lol.

With my seats, my arm rest is the window on the boat... I'm afrraid these new seats are going to make me feel like i'm sitting WAY up on top... lol... I'm going to put one on the passenger side first.

I don't think they will be too high, check the measurements against what yous is right now. Those double seat are nice because they are nice and firm and when you pull up to a fishing spot all you got to do is sit on the other side. From what I recall they aren't that high.

Another option is just to build your own. Damn I miss that Renken boat.

user posted image
PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 06:31 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11

Going to order a seat this week i do believe... Might go ahead and get both.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll