Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Auction Explosion
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 06:49 PM
N/AOne of the ORIGINAL GangstasN/A
Full Name: Joe
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12
Rep: 4 pts
Awards: None

TV really phucked the auction game up for a lot of people. I show up at quite a bit of auctions and am doing ok with them so far. In Lancaster every fire house has auctions/sales that would blow your minds if you have never been to one. Im talking I have 3 weed whackers on the shop table and I paid less than 5 bucks each.

Anybody else here do the auction thing?

get busy living or get busy dying
PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 01:17 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
Full Name: Kyle's my name bish
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11
Rep: 141 pts
Awards: 6

My parents used to go to them all the time. My uncle goes to some industrial type auctions.

My parents bought 3 late 90's f150 truck beds.... Each bed was full of brand new parts in packages... Each bed had a different thing in them.

One bed had lift blocks with u bolts... Another bed had those coil spring lifts that had the bolts and clamps... And the other bed was full of poly lift blocks for like body lifts. They made there money back before they left the place.... One guy ended up giving them over double what they paid for the body lift style blocks.

IT was epic lol

PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts
Awards: 6

Nope. I don't even play the auction game on eBay. http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-013.gif

user posted image
PM
Jay
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 03:34 PM
Co-Admin
Full Name: N/A
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 151 pts
Awards: 9

I was to one a couple months ago at an older fixed up farmhouse with a lot of neat older stuff, there were people from 3 different states there at least, couldn't get nothing at a good deal and they had 2 auctioneers going at the same time.
Yard sales are where it's at if you want the really good deals. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/yes.gif

user posted image
PM
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 07:48 PM
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12

QUOTE (Jay @ Jan 9 2013, 08:34 PM)
I
Yard sales are where it's at if you want the really good deals. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/yes.gif

I disagree there is too much junk to weed through at yard sales. Its very rare for me to find anything worth reselling.... but when shopping for yourself yeah... good deals
This is a hustlin thread

And NPT you might some day decide to give it a try just never get too exited about anything your bidding on. Thats when profit margins go into the toilet...

Here is an internet find A guy I know bought a 1989 Ferrari F40 for 1k on ebay because the guy forgot to set the reserve believe it or not that stuff happens you just need to be in the right place at the right time AND SMART WITH YOUR MONEY

PM
Retro
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 07:54 PM
Co-Administrator
Full Name: Francesca Chantel Beausoleil
1877 Posts
Joined 16-May 11
Rep: 81 pts
Awards: 15

I have made an extra $3K in the past 6 months buying parts for cheap at the local pick-your-part and selling them on ebay. My specialty is deluxe rear view mirrors. I get them for $5, sell them on average on ebay for $50; some have gone as high as $120 each. 2 $15 Chevy truck instrument clusters = $400. 3 $15 Camaro instrument clusters = $200. $25 non-working Bonneville CD player = $100.

This post has been edited by Retro: Jan 9 2013, 07:55 PM

NPT - Board of phun and phuckery.
PM
Jay
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 09:02 PM
Co-Admin
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

QUOTE (JoeDaCatKing @ Jan 9 2013, 07:48 PM)

I disagree there is too much junk to weed through at yard sales.  Its very rare for me to find anything worth reselling.... but when shopping for yourself yeah... good deals
This is a hustlin thread

And NPT you might some day decide to give it a try just never get too exited about anything your bidding on.  Thats when profit margins go into the toilet...

Here is an internet find A guy I know bought a 1989 Ferrari F40 for 1k on ebay because the guy forgot to set the reserve believe it or not that stuff happens you just need to be in the right place at the right time AND SMART WITH YOUR MONEY

My old lady bought a silver tiffany ring for 50 cents, they sell for 75 dollars on ebay, sounds like a good hustle to me. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/yes.gif

user posted image
PM
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 09:02 PM
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12

I do the same thing with Honda ecu's I get them for 15-20 and sell them online for a lot more I need to start using eBay to sell more I will pm you about it

PM
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 09:04 PM
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12

Yup I agree good hustle I just have not had any luck personally

PM
Jay
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 09:09 PM
Co-Admin
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time, I like going to outdoor auctions on the coldest shitiest days, less people there and you got a better chance of getting something good.
That last auction I went to was ridiculous, looked like the county fair with all the people there.

user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll