I googled this before I started anything and couldn't find a thing so I'm posting it up in case anyone else is curious and decides to tackle this project. This is how I ran wire into the seat of my 2nd Row Captains chairs for headrest monitors. Being a newbie at this it was not obvious to me at the beginning and I know other newbie's will come along and be curious as well so here's what I did.
Make: Chevrolet Model: Suburban Year: 2007
1. Fold seat in half so that you have full access to the bottom part of the back of the seat.
2. "unhook" the bottom part of the seat cover to gain access to the inner part of the back of the seat. This will expose the bottom portion of the foam and the metal plate that is the seat backing.
3. You will then need to reach up into the seat basically to your elbow. (WARNING: you may want to place cardboard or something between your arm and the metal plate. It IS sharp.)
4. Start feeding the wire from the headrest through the appropriate hole and use the arm that inside the seat to grab that end of the wire. (Before this step I used a straightened coat hanger and ran in down this hole to the bottom of the seat to help guide the wire)
5. Once you've got a hold of the wire gently pull the wire down while using your other hand to maneuver the headrest.
6. Put both rods of the headrests into the appropriate holes (:naughty:). You will have to put these in evenly or they will not go in. You may also need to use just a little bit of force but not too much or you'll cause damage.
Once this is done you will have the wire at the bottom of the seat ready for you to run wire as necessary
This post has been edited by Old77: Feb 12 2013, 05:03 PM
NORTHPORTTROLLER: the only forum on the web where the owner will troll his own site