Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Another Motor in my ranger bed
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 01:18 PM
N/AOne of the ORIGINAL GangstasN/A
Full Name: Joe
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12
Rep: 4 pts
Awards: None

Last motor I had on it was that 88 turbo coupe motor which is still sitting down in my basement.
This one is not going to be done by me so it wont be sitting around.
user posted image
Its a 318 out of a Ramcharger. And I got it to replace the blown head gasket in this
user posted image
I bought this to tow the boat/ pop up camper/ and race car up to buck motorsports park.
Its an 88 Dodge W-150 4x4 with the Power Ram decals all over it. 400$

I gave myself 5000k for a full size truck and a boat and am planning to stay well under that cap with my 1500 truck quick build project. I added in my buddies labor fees to that for doing the job.

are of you guys interested in any of this? I got more stuff to write

This post has been edited by JoeDaCatKing: Aug 2 2013, 01:20 PM

get busy living or get busy dying
PM
Jay
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 03:05 PM
Co-Admin
Full Name: N/A
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 151 pts
Awards: 9

Bring it on! Good job on getting a cheap truck, more money for the boat. http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys%203/band.gif

user posted image
PM
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 03:19 PM
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12

QUOTE (Jay @ Aug 2 2013, 08:05 PM)
Bring it on!  Good job on getting a cheap truck, more money for the boat. http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys%203/band.gif

thats what Im saying the time has come to step it up to the big time

PM
Old77
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 03:48 PM
Co-Administrator
Full Name: Jacob
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11
Rep: 140 pts
Awards: 13

Let's see it brother! http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e302/leftventricle/emotes/emot-munch.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

NORTHPORTTROLLER: the only forum on the web where the owner will troll his own site user posted image
PM
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 11:53 AM
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12

Dropped the motor off and I am already over budget before labor. Dropped 550 just for parts, gaskets, oil,filters, etc... Im in for the long haul now... The most I ever spent on a vehicle (other than my MC) was around 1900 for the cavalier (1200 for car, 500 for motor and install)
this is shaping up to be the most I have ever spent on anything with 4 wheels... I got my fingers crossed. Going to pick up the truck later today and drop it off to my mechanic. Hopefully everything goes well and it can make the 15min ride without overheating and burning up.

PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts
Awards: 6

Are you sure it is just a head gasket? Those 70-80's 318 and 360 Dodge small blocks very good motors as far as holding up to abuse. I ran plenty of them and beat the hell out of them and never saw a bad head gasket or cracked head. Once that motor gets repaired it should be very reliable mechanical wise. I would spend the extra few bucks to replace the timing chain & gears and get a new oil pump while it is apart. I love the GM 70-80 square body's but I would not hesitate to ever got back to a 70-80's Dodge truck with a small block V-8 or a slant six. Those slant six motors are bullet proof as well if you happen to find one. Best run with a manual trans. I am actually pretty excited to see you get this truck going. You don't see many of them around anymore. Is there any bad rust? One bitch I do have about those motors is the ignition systems suck on them, very temperamental on cold damp weather starts. Once it's warmed up thought they run pretty damn good. If that is a 3 speed auto I am guessing that's the torque-flight trans. Not a bad transmission IMO. Pretty stout. You look in my past vehicles pics thread and you will see many of the Dodge trucks I had.

user posted image
PM
Jay
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 01:25 PM
Co-Admin
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

You get the Dodge going you can sell the ranger. http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/money_2.gif

user posted image
PM
Jay
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 01:26 PM
Co-Admin
4131 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

I had a Dodge Aspen once, cold blooded piece of shit but it always started and ran good.

user posted image
PM
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 11:46 PM
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12

QUOTE (NorthportTroller @ Aug 3 2013, 05:09 PM)
Are you sure it is just a head gasket? Those 70-80's 318 and 360 Dodge small blocks very good motors as far as holding up to abuse. I ran plenty of them and beat the hell out of them and never saw a bad head gasket or cracked head. Once that motor gets repaired it should be very reliable mechanical wise. I would spend the extra few bucks to replace the timing chain & gears and get a new oil pump while it is apart. I love the GM 70-80 square body's but I would not hesitate to ever got back to a 70-80's Dodge truck with a small block V-8 or a slant six. Those slant six motors are bullet proof as well if you happen to find one. Best run with a manual trans. I am actually pretty excited to see you get this truck going. You don't see many of them around anymore. Is there any bad rust? One bitch I do have about those motors is the ignition systems suck on them, very temperamental on cold damp weather starts. Once it's warmed up thought they run pretty damn good. If that is a 3 speed auto I am guessing that's the torque-flight trans. Not a bad transmission IMO. Pretty stout. You look in my past vehicles pics thread and you will see many of the Dodge trucks I had.

yeah oil pump chain and gears... just racking up the bill...
the motor in it has the choco milk oil somthing fierce and by the time I got it to the shop It was running on only 4cyl

In all reality this truck fell into my lap... I was trying to find an F150 with the 300 I6 which is one of the best motors Ford has ever come up with... Too bad you cant find one up north that isnt a complete rust bucket. I really wanted a 5spd too... Oh well
so far my parts list at autozone is very extensive... tallying it up is really bothering me especially on something not running yet...

not only that but after it is running and mechanically sound.... the most important part is brakes and suspension so It can handle the boat/car trailer its going to be pulling. This truck is going to be torture tested like all my rides. Im doing that stuff myself though.

PM
JoeDaCatKing
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 11:49 PM
163 Posts
Joined 9-December 12

QUOTE (Jay @ Aug 3 2013, 06:25 PM)
You get the Dodge going you can sell the ranger.  http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/money_2.gif

nope selling the taurus Sho and my quad.
might even sell my 85 Ninja project bike too.
I expect to take a loss on the sho but Its all good.. Im going to mess with it tommorow and see if it starts up for me. So I can get at least 600 bucks for it

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll