Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

HOW TO: GMT900 Seat Belt buckle replacement, Female end of the buckle on drivers side
Old77
 Posted: May 12 2016, 10:44 AM
Co-Administrator
Full Name: Jacob
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11
Rep: 140 pts
Awards: 13

So a few days ago the female end of the driver's seat belt started malfunctioning and unbuckling itself at will. So here's a write up on replacing the female end of the buckle. It's not hard by any stretch but after several minutes on the Google I didn't see any write ups on this so I figured I'd create one complete with iPotato pics. I know, I know....I am spoiling you now.

Part Number: 19121540 (these numbers are specific to the side of the vehicle and color. part number for passenger side is 19121542)

Tools needed: 15mm socket, flat head screw driver

Level of Difficulty: SUPER EASY

1. remove cover. It's just clipped it so take your screw driver and gently pry up on it

user posted image

2. unbolt seat belt. This takes the 15mm socket and is the bolt that "inside" the plastic hole of the buckle assembly

user posted image

3. unhook wire from seat frame and disconnect from plug in. You'll need your screw driver for this as well to push down on the connection and then pull out. In the pic it's that plug that is blurry (NOT the one with the red and green wire going into it!!). Squint real good and it'll be clear. It's kind of in the background and runs horizontal. That connection swivels so you should be able to get your screw driver in there to disconnect it and the faulty belt buckle should pull out at that time.

user posted image

4. reverse the previous steps when installed the new part.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

NORTHPORTTROLLER: the only forum on the web where the owner will troll his own site user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts
Awards: 6

Nice write up. Did you get an award for it?

user posted image
PM
Old77
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 01:10 PM
Co-Administrator
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11

No I didn't http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/cry.gif

This post has been edited by Old77: Nov 15 2016, 01:10 PM

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

NORTHPORTTROLLER: the only forum on the web where the owner will troll his own site user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 08:27 AM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts
Awards: 6

That's bullshit. File a grievance. http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-013.gif

user posted image
PM
Old77
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 10:52 AM
Co-Administrator
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11

I did but the owner is a dickhead and didn't care :insane:

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll