Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Yo Brownie
vinnman
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 10:50 AM
N/ALURKERN/A
Full Name: N/A
198 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 31 pts
Awards: 1

I just saw the new schedule for the cabela's king kat series.They're going to be fishing the Big D out of Chester 8/18/2012.You gonna be a star? tongue.gif I never fished the tidal section of the Delaware,I'd probably fish it if I took somebody who knew that stretch.You could probably get up into the skuke from there & get some decent flatheads.I might do it http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/yes.gif Most of the decent ramps are on the jersey side,which means paying a toll & a launch fee. Where's a ramp in chester?

user posted image
PM
Brownie
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 12:49 PM
Co-Admin
Full Name: mikey b
3157 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 159 pts
Awards: 16

QUOTE (vinnman @ Jan 21 2012, 10:50 AM)
I just saw the new schedule for the cabela's king kat series.They're going to be fishing the Big D out of Chester 8/18/2012.You gonna be a star? tongue.gif I never fished the tidal section of the Delaware,I'd probably fish it if I took somebody who knew that stretch.You could probably get up into the skuke from there & get some decent flatheads.I might do it  http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/yes.gif Most of the decent ramps are on the jersey side,which means paying a toll & a launch fee. Where's a ramp in chester?

sweet, i didnt hear anything about it, got a link or something?

there's a free ramp right next to the Commodore Barry bridge, right were they built the new soccer stadium. thats right in my home stretch of river ohmy.gif
I got to look into this maybe Ill fish it with ya smile.gif

This post has been edited by Brownie: Jan 21 2012, 12:56 PM

user posted image
PM
vinnman
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 12:59 PM
N/ALURKERN/A
198 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

I want to fish the delaware at least acouple times this year.Thanks for the info on the ramp,thats only a half hour from me.I asked the king kat guys on facebook,if flatheads were allowed & I think they misunderstood my question.So I asked again smile.gif You never caught flatheads down there,did ya?

http://kingkatusa.com/blog/2012/01/2012-ca...g-kat-schedule/

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 01:40 PM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts
Awards: 6

I used that ramp before with my little red boat. I recall Pappycat and Kenlaw running up there like what you want to into the tidal skuke in some tournament they fished out there. I don't think it was very productive from what I can remember. I could be wrong.

It's all new now and a double ramp, looks like a bit of a walk from the parking area to the ramp too. Heree is some views Vinn:

user posted image

user posted image

upload images

user posted image
PM
Brownie
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 01:46 PM
Co-Admin
3157 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

QUOTE (vinnman @ Jan 21 2012, 12:59 PM)
I want to fish the delaware at least acouple times this year.Thanks for the info on the ramp,thats only a half hour from me.I asked the king kat guys on facebook,if flatheads were allowed & I think they misunderstood my question.So I asked again smile.gif You never caught flatheads down there,did ya?

http://kingkatusa.com/blog/2012/01/2012-ca...g-kat-schedule/

don't know how they'll handle the flat head thing, most NJ tournaments don't allow them, but who knows. no flatheads for me yet, I think this year im gonna head up closer to the skuke and try it out.

if ya wanna hop on my boat some time let me know, and i can show you what little i know about fish the big D http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/laugh.gif http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/laugh.gif

user posted image
PM
vinnman
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 01:54 PM
N/ALURKERN/A
198 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

Thanks for the invite Brownie.I really do want to try to fish the Big D this year.Its just hard to justify driving down there when I've got the flathead infested Schuylkill so close tongue.gif .Even if I don't fish,I'm gonna try to make it down to the weigh in & see what all the hype is about,up close & personal smile.gif

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 01:55 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

That's a hike from Chester up to the Skuke in a boat, aint it?

I thought there was another launh up at Darby creek somewhere...

user posted image
PM
Brownie
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 02:00 PM
Co-Admin
3157 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

I know there's ramps closer to the skuke on the jersey side, there's one in national park and brooklawn which is right across the river. smile.gif never used them though

user posted image
PM
vinnman
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 02:11 PM
N/ALURKERN/A
198 Posts
Joined 30-April 11

QUOTE (NorthportTroller @ Jan 21 2012, 06:55 PM)
That's a hike from Chester up to the Skuke in a boat, aint it?

I thought there was another launh up at Darby creek somewhere...

I have no idea,I didn't think it was that far.There's a marina owned by Ridley twp thats 10 bucks to launch.I would say anyone in the king kat would have to launch from Chester.I think pappycat got to the skuke from Deptford New Jersey.There's a club from Jersey that had a booth at the oaks sportsman show last year.They supposedly have 300 tagged channels in that stretch & for $20 ticket,the first person to catch one was guaranteed at least $1000.They said guys without tickets have caught them before,but nobody with a ticket has caught one as of last year.If nobody caught any this year,the money will grow to even more next year.They seemed like good people,hope they're there this year,I got some questions for them.

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 02:31 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

Here is the Darby creek ramp, right next to I-95, looks like you need a membership though, the drive has a gate. There is supposed to be some good muskie and crappie fishing in there.

user posted image

user posted image

image hosting jpeg

user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll