Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Need new u-joints??
Old77
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 08:48 PM
Co-Administrator
Full Name: Jacob
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11
Rep: 140 pts
Awards: 13

Does this look like I need new u-joints?

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

NORTHPORTTROLLER: the only forum on the web where the owner will troll his own site user posted image
PM
Retro
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 09:38 PM
Co-Administrator
Full Name: Francesca Chantel Beausoleil
1877 Posts
Joined 16-May 11
Rep: 81 pts
Awards: 15

Did you spray something on it?

If not, then I'd say your pinion seal is leaking.

NPT - Board of phun and phuckery.
PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 03:20 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
Full Name: Kyle's my name bish
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11
Rep: 141 pts
Awards: 6

U joint looks good... But have someone slowly shift between forward and reverse... While holding the brakes ... And the shaft and the yoke should move together in time... If one moves like farther than the other or like slowly out of time (if you get what im saying) .. Then its bad.... A bad u- joint will usualy make like a high pitch fluctuating squeak.

The leaking stuff (If you didn't spray that one there) looks like the pinion seal is leaking. If that is the case i would just ignore the leak and just be sure it dont get worse.. And keep the level full. And start looking for a rear end out of a popo car http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/yes.gif ..

PM
Old77
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 07:02 AM
Co-Administrator
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11

BK....this is my suburban smile.gif popo rear end no worky.... smile.gif

No, I didn't spray anything on it. The reason I started looking at them is because I noticed the other day while driving the suburban that when going from reverse to drive or vice versa there was a "clunk" so it's lead me to believe that I may have a bad u-joint(s). I believe they are the originals and the vehicle has 120k miles on it now.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

NORTHPORTTROLLER: the only forum on the web where the owner will troll his own site user posted image
PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 07:55 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
Full Name: Kyle's my name bish
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11
Rep: 141 pts

QUOTE (Old77 @ Mar 28 2012, 06:02 AM)
BK....this is my suburban smile.gif popo rear end no worky.... smile.gif

No, I didn't spray anything on it. The reason I started looking at them is because I noticed the other day while driving the suburban that when going from reverse to drive or vice versa there was a "clunk" so it's lead me to believe that I may have a bad u-joint(s). I believe they are the originals and the vehicle has 120k miles on it now.

Yeah... :/ I would hope its the ujoint making that noise but i bet it ain't. Isn't that about when those rear ends go out on those damn things?

PM
Old77
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:09 AM
Co-Administrator
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11

I haven't heard about rear end issues http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys2/shrug.gif ....and this hasn't been driven hard at all so I'd doubt the rear end is going out.

Also, the "clunk" is very faint and not real loud at all.

This post has been edited by Old77: Mar 28 2012, 08:10 AM

PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts

How would a bad pinion seal push fluid out around the u-joint?

Old, you got to get the stress off the driveshaft and check it for play.

I see some rust under there too.....

user posted image
PM
Brownie
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 10:02 AM
Co-Admin
Full Name: mikey b
3157 Posts
Joined 30-April 11
Rep: 159 pts
Awards: 16

can you get a few more pics old? usually the diff would be wet if the pinion seal is leaking.

user posted image
PM
Old77
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 10:13 AM
Co-Administrator
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11

QUOTE (NorthportTroller @ Mar 28 2012, 08:53 AM)

I see some rust under there too.....

only surface....nothing major at all.

PM
Old77
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 10:14 AM
Co-Administrator
13131 Posts
Joined 1-May 11

QUOTE (Brownie @ Mar 28 2012, 09:02 AM)
can you get a few more pics old?  usually the diff would be wet if the pinion seal is leaking.

What angles do you need pics of and I'll get them http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/handshake.gif

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll