Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Anchor Winches & Keel Guard
NorthportTroller
 Posted: May 16 2011, 05:28 PM
Administrator
Full Name: Paw-Paw
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11
Rep: 156 pts
Awards: 6

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: May 16 2011, 05:29 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Jul 20 2011, 04:49 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

Keel Guard is a FAIL. Worn through already in one spot, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. For what they charge you for it, it is a disgrace. http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/flipthebird.gif

user posted image
PM
craziechick
 Posted: Jul 20 2011, 08:46 PM
N/ATotally AddictedN/A
Full Name: N/A
383 Posts
Joined 15-July 11
Rep: 49 pts
Awards: 10

That sucks! We were thinking about getting akeel guard too but didn't want to spend the money. The front of ours is starting to look like shit.

user posted imageHey I wonder if that shit they put in the back of p/u trucks would work. Some kind of spay on liner shit. you could tape off the area to make it look nice.
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Jul 20 2011, 09:19 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

QUOTE (craziechick @ Jul 20 2011, 09:49 PM)
That sucks! We were thinking about getting akeel guard too but didn't want to spend the money. The front of ours is starting to look like shit.

user posted imageHey I wonder if that shit they put in the back of p/u trucks would work. Some kind of spay on liner shit. you could tape off the area to make it look nice.

I'm not concerend what it looks like, but more concerned about creating a leak beaching the boat. That is a good idea about the spray on bedliner. smile.gif

I was also thinking about getting some epoxy from work to fill in the worn area. I mean the keel guard is nice, it sticks real good, but I am shocked I wore a hole through it in this short amount of time, like a dime sized hole. I will get pics of if I can remeber to take them.

Beaching the boat at the ramp under calm conditions saves me so much time and hassle compared to tying off to the dock. Then again, figure I am boating almost every day of the year, launching, beaching, I guess that is a lot of abuse no matter how I try to protect the boat. I will figure something out, and appreciate the ideas like that bedliner stuff. I'll probaby have to maintain that area every few months to keep it protected if I keep my current habit going as it is, and I don;t plan on changing that.

I should sent some pics to Keel Guard too and tell them how old it is and see what they say, but I really am not interested in replacing iy, it was a lot of work to glean and prep and prime the surface and apply it to begin with, I couldn't imagine even trying to get it off and start all over again.

user posted image
PM
bobkyle2
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 08:12 AM
BAMF Co-Admin
Full Name: Kyle's my name bish
5751 Posts
Joined 17-May 11
Rep: 141 pts

I dont think you would get that stuff to hold up and stay on.... The Herculiner ... Im getting ready to do my bumpers on my truck with it though...

I want a keel gaurd bad.. But thats a chunk of change for that little dude

PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 05:40 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

QUOTE (bobkyle2 @ Jul 21 2011, 09:15 AM)
I dont think you would get that stuff to hold up and stay on.... The Herculiner ... Im getting ready to do my bumpers on my truck with it though...

I want a keel gaurd bad.. But thats a chunk of change for that little dude

Now it is starting to peel at the top. The actual rubber is coming off the sticky shit that is stuck on the hull. That is not from my prep work, that is factory assembled shit. I am pissed. Do not waste your money on this junk ass Keel Guard. http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/NorthportTroller/Smileys/flipthebird.gif

user posted image
PM
craziechick
 Posted: Feb 12 2012, 12:26 PM
N/ATotally AddictedN/A
Full Name: N/A
383 Posts
Joined 15-July 11
Rep: 49 pts
Awards: 10

Did those deckhands you got from ebay come with the controls that you mount on the console? We were thinking about buying a new one but if they don't have the controls we will stick with our old one.
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Feb 12 2012, 01:14 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

QUOTE (craziechick @ Feb 12 2012, 12:26 PM)
Did those deckhands you got from ebay come with the controls that you mount on the console? We were thinking about buying a new one but if they don't have the controls we will stick with our old one.

No, they did not. I made my own with some wire and 3 way toggle switches from the auto parts store. You can also pull the switch off the winch itself and relocate it to the dash.

user posted image
PM
NorthportTroller
 Posted: Feb 12 2012, 01:16 PM
Administrator
16529 Posts
Joined 29-April 11

user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll